It is a proven fact that we are living in the most toxic environment in history. Toxins are in the air we breath, the food we eat, the water we drink and use, and in products we use every day.
Here are some rather scary statistics…
- More than 95% of cancer is caused by environmental toxicity and diet [Source: Columbia University School of Public Health]
- The average city water contains more than 500 chemicals [Source: USA Today]
- Since 1950, at least 70,000 new chemical compounds have been invented and dispersed into our environment. Only a fraction of these have been tested for human toxicity… [Source: Herbert L. Needleman, M.D., Philip J. Landrigan, M.D., Raising Children Toxic Free]
- 150 chemicals found in the home are connected to allergies, birth defects, cancer and psychological disorders. [Source: Consumer Protection Agency (CPA)]
- Of the chemicals found in personal care products: 884 are toxic, 146 cause tumors, 218 cause reproductive complications, 778 cause acute toxicity, 314 cause biological mutations, 376 cause skin and eye irritations [Source: United States House of Representatives Report, 1989]
- Out of 2,435 pesticide poisonings in a one-year period, over 40% were due to exposure to disinfectants and similar cleaning products in the home. [Source: State ofCaliforniaStudy]
There are numerous studies and facts on toxicity. Toxins have very adverse effects on the body. Some of the systems of the body affected by toxins include: immune system, brain and nervous system, endocrine system, muscular system, and the heart.